Monday, October 11, 2010

Courage and Consequence by Karl Rove

I love politics and political theory. I love history and the stories of our national past. It is always a unique experience, though, to read about the events of your lifetime from those who were there. I know Karl Rove is a controversial character, I know I am more conservative in my politics than many (perhaps even more so than Mr. Rove himself), but I would encourage even his staunchest critics to take the time to read his book.

Reading about the events that made Karl Rove from his own perspective rather than that of a news commentator adds a depth to his character and personality that is normally missing.

One of my favorite parts of reading Rove's account of so many political events of the past ten years was to find archived video and watch what he was discussing. It brought many forgotten moments from the past to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment